Everything seems to be black and white these days. Until you get to the heart of it and then it's just gray. The carona virus (COVID 19) has changed everything and every day it's different... but the same.
In fact, every state is different, but the same. People either shelter in place or they don't. People wear masks, or they don't. People go to the store or order out, or they don't. Everything seems to be black or white. But, the thing is everyone is trying to find the "new normal" so everything seems to be more gray than anything.
The best we can do is do what's best for ourselves as far as mental well-being, and think of others whole-heartedly when we're out in our communities.
Our state is starting to slowly open back up. There are so many heated debates that it makes everything seem even more gray (if that's possible). But, I saw something on the internet and for me it added a hint of color to my day. I hope it does yours, too.
(From the internet):
JUST BE KIND
...None of us have the same circumstances (medically high risk child/ family member or a business about to go under, etc.) Let's all stay in our own lanes and keep the judgment down as we begin to reopen.
Just a thought... As governors are trying to figure out how to ease back into normal, please remember:
• Some people don’t agree with the state opening.... that’s okay. Be kind.
• Some people are still planning to stay home.... that’s okay. Be kind.
• Some are scared of getting the virus and a second wave happening....that’s okay. Be kind.
• Some are sighing with relief to go back to work knowing they may not lose their business or their homes....that’s okay. Be kind.
• Some are thankful they can finally have a surgery they have put off....that’s okay. Be kind.
• Some will be able to attend interviews after weeks without a job....that’s okay. Be kind.
• Some will wear masks for weeks....that’s okay. Be kind.
• Some people will rush out to get the hair or nails done.... that’s okay. Be kind.
The point is, everyone has different viewpoints/feelings and that’s okay. Be kind. We each have a different story. If you need to stay home, stay home. But be kind. If you need to go out, just respect others when in public and be kind! Don’t judge fellow humans because you’re not in their story. We all are in different mental states than we were months ago. So remember, be kind!
I hope we can see past the gray as we find our "new normal." And who knows, maybe some new colors will develop through all of this.
If you'd like to see more from other pet photographers on this week's black and white theme, trek around the blog circle with Angela and Bella of Noses & Toes Pet Photography in Spokane, WA, with the perfect spot for black and white dog photos.